Wednesday 22 June 2016

Heard it on the grapevine...

so Saturday's concert went very well, I'm told. The large audience were appreciative of the variety of music (and the afternoon tea), and the choir really enjoyed themselves. I'm very sorry to have missed it, though I was being kept informed with regular updates (although I'm protecting my source ;-) ).

We usually break for the summer holidays after the June concert, but this time we're continuing for a few weeks so we can hold an audition rehearsal for our candidates for the Musical Director role - fingers crossed it goes well! It's nice going back to the Faure Requiem, for possibly the first time ever, I'm not looking at the page and thinking 'no, don't remember any of this', but actually picking bits out that have clearly stuck from last time. We've only had one rehearsal, and we've got a long summer break coming up, so I'm not counting chickens, but......

No comments:

Post a Comment